June 11, 2013

Holiness to the Lord, the House of the Lord

I was able to go through the beautiful San Antonio Texas Temple on May 29th and again on June 8th. The temple is such an amazing place and in its walls we are able to make sacred promises with our Heavenly Father that will bring us closer to Him, to our families, and to the Savior. Before entering the temple to receive my endowment I had no idea what to expect. Many believe that the things that take place in the temple are secret, but as you learn more about the gospel you realize that we may not know what occurs in the temple before entering, but it is because the things inside are SACRED not secret. What a wonderful blessing the temple is. As we strive to remain worthy and faithful to those covenants we have already made with our Heavenly Father we have the opportunity to be endowed with power from on high. We can more wisdom and insight into the Plan of Salvation and our role in God's plan.


My parents were able to come with me along with my grandparents and aunt and uncle who were all visiting for my brother's high school graduation. What an amazing blessing it was to be surrounded by my family in the celestial room and to feel such a great amount of love and the spirit of the Lord.


I was also able to attend the temple when my good friend Krystal went through for her own endowment. Two other girls from my home ward were able to come along with her friends and family. That day I was able to go through the temple for one of three sisters whose work was being done in the same session.


It is amazing the connection you can feel with people you have never even met when you are serving them and are able to be in the celestial room, which is quite literally "heaven on earth."


"The temple endowment was given by revelation. Thus, it is best understood by revelation, prayerfully sought with a sincere heart."
--Russell M. Nelson

Just like any other aspect of the gospel we have been counseled by prophets and apostles to seek out God ourselves and receive our own personal witness and testimony of the things that we learn in the temple. If you have already been to the temple continue going! By going to the temple we can become better people and strengthen our relationship with God. If you have not gone to the temple yet always have it in your sights. There is nothing more important for our eternal salvation keeping the sacred promises that we make in the temple.

"A  temple is a place in which those whom He has chosen are endowed with power from on high-- a power which enables us to use our gifts and capabilities... to bring to pass our Heavenly Father's purposes in our own lives and the lives of those we love."
--David B. Haight

I am so grateful for the blessings that have already manifested themselves to me as I have kept my thoughts on the temple and those covenants that I have made with my Father in Heaven. I know that He loves us and wants nothing more than to see us continue in obedience and righteousness in order to one day return to live with Him again. I know that Jesus Christ atoned for our sins and suffered so that we can repent and become clean. I love this church and the blessings that it has brought into my life. I am so grateful for the temple and that within its walls families can be sealed for time and all eternity.

-(The Future) Sister Phelps

No comments:

Post a Comment