December 13, 2013

Week 18 (9 December 2013)

Segunda- It was one of my favorite p-days so far.  I am usually super stressed-out on p-days, but today was different.  Oh, and I got a package!  From my family!  Y'all are the best and let's just say that Swedish Fish never tasted so good.  You know me too well Mom. :)

Terca- We had our district meeting in Cruz Alta this morning as usual, but we missed our bus home.  It was a blessing in disguise because we were stuck in Cruz Alta (where they have a mall and cheap clothes) for three hours.  So we went and bought some well deserved and much needed skirts.  I got two new ones that are super comfy and were quite cheap.  It was great!

Quarta- Sister C~ and I went to visit a recent convert that just moved here and it was kind of awkward.  She has health issues.  After our visit I realized that I had not been treating her as I should have been.  It can be hard sometimes even as a missionary to not judge and to see the good in people, but the President reminded me today of how the Savior treated everyone.

Quinta- It rained all morning, but then we went to pick up R~ for his baptismal interview and there was sunshine in our souls today.  Every day I can see him glowing with the light of the Gospel a little bit more, I literally can see it.  When I mentioned that to him he said that he sees it too, and he feels it as well. :)

Sexta- We found out about transfers today... (Drum roll please!)  I will be staying in Panambi but I am getting a new companion.  Sister P~ is her name and apparently she is the bomb.com and is one of the best of the best in Santa Maria.  I am really excited!!  I will miss Sister C~ and am a little nervous about the change, but God know what I need and what I can handle, so I am ready.

Sabado- BAPTISM!!  R~ was baptized today.  I felt the Spirit more during the baptismal service than any other time so far on my mission.  It was great.  He was baptized by a recent convert who just received the Priesthood last Sunday so it took a little time to get him under the water, but it was great.  Afterwards the Sisters and I sang "I Am a Child of God" in English (because he loves English and is one of our best students).  It was great.  He is such an amazing youth and has so much potential!

Domingo- R~ received the gift of the Holy Ghost and was very involved in our lesson in Sunday School along with some other investigators of the other sisters who were visiting.  I love Gospel Principles!

I can't wait to talk to y'all on Christmas!  Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Phelps

No comments:

Post a Comment