December 17, 2014

Week 67 (24 November 2014)

This week . . .

I am great and Sister A~ says that I read super well in Spanish.  I barely have an accent!!!  Hehe.  But I need to learn vocabulary now.  I am loving Livremento, it's not super easy here, but it's great!

We went to Uruguay last week and will go again today.  I am excited because they have American food there so I will buy some things for Thanksgiving.  Wahoo!


Right now Sister A~ and I are teaching lots of great people, but had a difficult week being able to actually teach them.  Either no one was at home, or they wanted to mark another day and everyone wanted "semana que vem" . . . next week.  At least that means we have a lot of plans for this week, but we still have a lot of work to do in Livramento before Christmas.  Our mission did a special fast on the 16th so that each missionary in our mission can bring one soul unto Christ through baptism before Christmas.  We have a few young men who we are teaching (more like boys) who have the desire to be baptized but have to go to church more and be actively involved in the conversion process.  If someone isn't excited about going to church before they are baptized they probably won't be any more excited after the baptism.  We have lots of work to do, but it's all good.  It is called Missionary WORK after all.  :)

We are also working a lot with less-actives and are having lots of success.  There are many people here who are just waiting to be invited to come back and feel the love that they felt when they first were baptized.

I love being a missionary and feeling the Spirit and helping others discover how wonderful our life can be if we keep the commandments and live in a way that pleases our Heavenly Father.  The church is true.  "I know it.  I live it.  I love it."  ;)

Mosiah 2:41 "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God.  For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness.  O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it." [in The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ]

Com muito amor,
Sister Phelps


No comments:

Post a Comment