January 21, 2014

Week 23 (20 January 2014)

This week was good.

Segunda- I took a nap again today.  Miracles of miracles.  I love sleep.

Terca- We had made a contact last week and finally were able to track this couple down and teach them a lesson.  They are an interesting couple and we found-out that both of them have had serious medical problems.  It is crazy to hear about miracles that have happened to people in the past, that they were able to survive and now are having the opportunity to learn about God's plan for each one of us.

Quarta- We had a noite familiar tonight at G~'s house (a recent convert that is always helping us).  J~ and her brother (who has a baptismal date for the 25th) and her sister were there as well.  We got to talk to J~ alone for a few minutes and she said that she wanted to get baptized and that everything was on for Saturday!  I will get to see her baptized finally.  She was almost my first baptism in Panambi and will be my last.

Quinta- Sister K~ (one of our Sister Training Leaders) came and did splits with Sister P~ and me today!  It was a lot of fun.  She is from Salt Lake and I used to read her blog before I came out to Brasil.  We had a lot of cool teaching experiences.  I love teaching with different missionaries to see how they teach the lessons and follow the spirit to ask inspired question to people that they have never met before.

Sexta- I AM BEING TRANSFERRED!  I am super excited, sad, and anxious all at the same time.  I love Panambi and have learned and grown so much here, but I feel at peace and know that I am needed in Camobi.  The cool thing is that I will be living with Sister Gold still!  We are going to spend half of our missions together.  It is going to be sweet!

Sabado- I said goodbye to one of our investigators today who has recently gained a testimony that the Book of Mormon is true.  It was hard to say goodbye, but it has been such a good experience to see her gain a testimony and act on her faith and be an example to the rest of her family.  She still needs to go to church, but I know that she will get there eventually.  I love missionary work!

Domingo- We helped a less active (18 year old) come to church today.  We literally pulled him out of his bed (with his mom's permission).  It was super funny.  Haha.  It is cool to teach people about the gospel for the first time, but I just love seeing people who have been away from the church for a while revive their testimonies and find joy in the gospel again (especially youth).

I will miss Panambi, but am super excited for the next adventure I am going to have!

My new address:
Caixa Postal 0339
Centro-Santa Maria-RS
97001-010

-Sister Phelps

No comments:

Post a Comment